PERIODONTICS (GUM CARE)
Dr. Sue Keller offers gum care at our office, which includes preventing, diagnosing, and treating periodontal disease and gum issues.
We offer the following treatments to help prevent and treat gum disease:
- Periodontal Maintenance Cleanings – These cleanings include the same procedures as regular cleanings but targets the removal of plaque, bacteria, and tartar buildup along the surfaces of the teeth to ensure healthy gums.
- Non-Surgical Periodontal (Gum) Therapy – We offer scaling and root planing to help with periodontal disease. This process includes scraping away plaque and tartar from below the gum line and smoothing any rough tooth surfaces.
- Gum Disease Prevention and Treatment – We offer prevention and treatment techniques for gum disease to prevent the disease from damaging your smile. We do so by treating any gum recession, reducing any swelling, and lowering the risk of infection by keeping up on oral hygiene habits.
- Gum Disease Genetic Testing – Many people have gum disease because it runs in their family. We offer gum disease genetic testing here at Strong & Healthy Smiles by Dr. Sue Keller that allows you to find out whether or not you are at risk of being infected or if that is the reason why you have the disease.
- Gum Disease Germ Type Testing – We offer gum germ type testing to see if specific bacteria associated to gum disease are found in your mouth. This will help us identify the problem and also give you tips on how to clean your teeth and gums to prevent future problems.
For more information on ways we prevent, diagnose, and treat gum disease, we welcome you to call our office today. We are happy to share what we know with you!